An opportunity to attach and work together with a number of huge names of the trade, a strong mentorship community and a possibility to woo traders for international visibility await startups at NXP’s ‘India Tech Startup Problem’
With near 12,500 tech startups organising base within the nation, India is house to a vibrant startup ecosystem. Regardless of the COVID-19 pandemic and the following lockdowns, the tech startup ecosystem continues to flourish in India. In accordance with a report, 1,600 new tech startups had been launched and 12 unicorns emerged in India in 2020. In actual fact, the nation’s tech startup base is witnessing a gentle year-on-year progress of 8-10 %.
Many of those startups have repeatedly confirmed their capacity to essentially change the best way we reside and work. Prior to now 12 months, these startups demonstrated their capacity to resolve seemingly unsolvable issues, be it enabling distant working in a single day, or offering entry to healthcare, or guaranteeing that there isn’t any disruption in training within the new world order resulting from Covid-19 pandemic.
Important contributions have additionally been made by startups from the Electronics System Design and Manufacturing sector (ESDM), which is likely one of the fastest rising sectors of the nation. By 2025, the electronics market in India is predicted to develop as much as $400 billion, due to a rising center class, rise in disposable earnings, and a discount in electronics costs. In actual fact, the federal government has prioritized the expansion of the ESDM sector as key to shifting in the direction of an “AtmaNirbhar Bharat”.
Nonetheless, the previous few years have additionally proven that the expansion of any sector is more and more turning into depending on the expansion of startups working in it. Whereas the journey of each startup begins with an progressive concept, it wants the nurturing assist of a wider ecosystem consisting of incubators and traders and sturdy mentorship to create significant impression at scale.
To assist progressive tech startups of their progress journey, NXP India, one of many greatest R&D centres for NXP Semiconductors, a world chief in safe connectivity options for embedded functions, is launching “NXP India Tech Startup Problem” 2021, in collaboration with ecosystem companions .
“The final 10 years in electronics have been all about connecting the world and offering On Demand experiences. Right now you may simply order transportation, meals or different items within the “right here and now” with out shifting. The subsequent decade shall be all about making a “world that anticipates & automates” with a number of sensible related methods round us. All of that can lead into making the planet a greater world to reside in and enjoyable to innovate in. In that context, I’m very a lot trying ahead to the nice concepts that the NXP India Tech Startup Problem will convey to us, and as a father of three youngsters I’m additionally eager to find out how their world would possibly appear to be in future” mentioned Lars Reger, Govt Vice President and Chief Expertise Officer, NXP Semiconductors.
Expressing his pleasure on the launch, Mr. Sanjay Gupta, Vice President and India Nation Supervisor, NXP Semiconductors mentioned, “ NXP India is dedicated to advertise innovation within the know-how house and is geared to assist the Indian ecosystem to turn into the main know-how disruptor of the longer term for the world. In India we now have an indigenous, untapped expertise pool and one of the best instance of that is the sheer variety of startups rising each day. Our initiative is one step within the route to supply these know-how centered startups with a boosting platform and assist them in PM Modi’s imaginative and prescient on Making India an Atmanirbhar Bharat “. For startups, agility is essential, and thru NXP India’s ‘SiliconSeeds’ platform and main tech occasion just like the NXP India Tech Startup Problem, they get an opportunity to current their concepts and choices to 1000’s of tech and trade enterprise leaders.
The internet hosting of the NXP India Tech Startup Problem has been made potential with the assistance of NXP India’s companions, which embody its Authorities Accomplice: Make investments India and Startup India, International Accomplice: Excessive Tech Problem (XTC), and its incubation companions : Electropreneur Park and the Semiconductor Fabless Acceleration Lab (SFAL).
What to anticipate
The NXP India Tech Startup Problem goals to advertise entities by providing them alternatives to attach and collaborate with trade leaders and different ecosystem stakeholders that may increase their progress prospects. India’s ecosystem has the potential to be a worldwide chief in cultivating the following technology of startups the place sustainable improvement and know-how with social function (consistent with United Nations 17 SDGs) are integral to their industrial marketing strategy and operations.
Aside from nurturing and selling such startups, the problem can even push their international visibility and community scalability, amongst different advantages as soon as they’re shortlisted in successive rounds of analysis.
The High 10 chosen startups will obtain:
- Trade visibility for High 10 chosen Begin-ups to share their enterprise worth proposition to NXP and Trade companions together with networking alternatives.
- The highest 10 tech startups within the embedded system and product design house shall be invited as entrants for the equity-free Electropreneur Park ESDM Incubator for upto three months. Right here, startups will obtain freed from cost entry to cutting-edge ESDM Lab check gear to transform their concept to a prototype, mentorship classes for marketing strategy refinement, technical mentorship and connect with ESDM suppliers, and obtain reimbursement for his or her prototyping bills upto Rs 50,000.
- The highest 10 tech startups within the semiconductor and IP design house shall be invited as entrants within the SFAL – Semiconductor Fabless Acceleration Lab, a outstanding semiconductor and IP design incubator. Advantages within the equity-free cohort interval that may final upto 4 months embody: entry to in-kind associate (IKP) property, which could be value upwards of Rs 10 lakh per startup; FPGA Innovation Lab at SFAL; instruments from in-kind companions; entry to webinars by SFAL and IKP companions; steerage on enterprise and investments, and so on.
The High 3 chosen startups will obtain:
- A mentorship alternative with a mentor who’s a part of NXP India’s panel of Technical Management Consultants. Every tech startup shall be a part of three interactive classes every month for 3 months.
- Chosen High 3 Tech Startups shall be supplied with Complete Prize Cash of upto INR 6 Lacs distributed amongst winners (together with all relevant & withholding taxes).
- A chance to take part as Finalists within the Excessive Tech Problem (XTC), eligibility for XTC’s bootcamp occasion and international winners competitors in late spring 2021. The bootcamp is constituent of a number of hours of tutorials and small group interactions with international stage executives of main know-how, enterprise and enterprise capital trade leaders. For the worldwide competitors, finalists shall be publicized by XTC and have their firm evaluated by an elite panel of traders for international publicity.
Who can apply:
In accordance with the principles, a startup should be included in India as a personal restricted firm with 51 % of the entity being owned by Indian residents. The collaborating startups should even have at the least one firm founder or govt who’s a authorized resident of India and is at the least 18 years of age on the time of making use of for the competitors.
Expertise startups specializing in IP/processors improvement, semiconductor fabless ASIC creators, embedded product builders and design homes, and Tier-2 and Tier-1 know-how product firms are the necessity of the hour for the Indian ecosystem and are the core focus of this initiative.
Trade: Automotive, industrial, communication Infrastructure, Cell, Good Metropolis, and Good Dwelling merchandise
Cloud infrastructure focus areas: Machine studying, authentication, information analytics, companies and so on.
Edge focus areas: Dwelling gateway, auto gateway, Good Metropolis, industrial controller, Good Dwelling merchandise, Good Well being options, Good Retail merchandise, wearables, Good Buildings, voice assistant, robotics, media streaming and so on.
Expertise focus areas: Synthetic intelligence, machine studying, Web of Issues, 5G, edge computing, useful security, human machine interface, IoT safety, motor management, ultra-wideband, voice, Wi-Fi-6, and so on.